Main Article Content
Angiomyolipoma is a type of benign renal tumor. It is sporadic and isolated in 80% of cases. The remaining 20% is associated with tuberous sclerosis complex or pulmonary lymphangioleiomyomatosis. Generally, angiomyolipomas manifest themselves as angiomyolipomatosis, in which the angiomyolipomas are larger, bilateral, and widespread. Understanding whether angiomyolipomas are present in the context of angiomyolipomatosis is of considerable importance because it might be associated with malignant lesions. This article provides an overview of the radiological features of renal angiomyolipomatosis under different imaging techniques such as ultrasound, computed tomography, and magnetic resonance.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.