Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- Where relevant, appropriate ethics approval and informed consent were obtained, and the study adhered to the institutional/national ethics guidelines for the proper conduct of research.
- All authors have read this article and agree to submission.
- I confirm that the materials included in this manuscript do not violate copyright laws. If a copyright violation is brought to the attention of the publisher after publication, the publisher will notify the author for correspondence and it is the responsibility of the authors to settle issues with the copyright holder.
- The manuscript strictly adheres to the manuscript preparation guidelines, which is found in 'About' the Journal.
- I/We had full access to all of the data in this study and I/we take complete responsibility for the integrity of the data and the accuracy of the data analysis. If required, all original data will be available for verification.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. The data collected from registered and non-registered users of this journal falls within the scope of the standard functioning of peer-reviewed journals. It includes information that makes communication possible for the editorial process; it is used to inform readers about the authorship and the content.
The data will not be sold by this journal nor will it be used for purposes other than those stated here. Those involved in editing this journal seek to be compliant with industry standards for data privacy, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provision for “data subject rights” that include (a) breach notification; (b) right of access; (c) the right to be forgotten; (d) data portability; and (e) privacy by design. The GDPR also allows for the recognition of “the public interest in the availability of the data,” which has a particular saliency for those involved in maintaining, with the greatest integrity possible, the public record of scholarly publishing.